Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Apr 15th), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Foxtrot, May nominations (Apr 30th)

Official lists updates

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Fergenaprido wrote: March 18th, 2021, 11:22 pm
Torgo wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:13 pm The long-hyped Snyder Cut of Justice League has finally been released today and starts to an impressive (and of course ridiculous) 8.9 at 11k votes on IMDb. It should enter the Top 250 by tonight, but has just about missed the ICM update cycle. Bets are on if it will still become a new official check by Monday. ;)
It's now entered the Top 250 at #117 with a weighted rating of 8.2 (compared to a raw rating of 8.8 on the film page). It will fall off the list eventually, but I think the speed at which it does depends on how many non-fans feel like dedicating 4 hours of their life to see a different version of a film they probably already saw and thought was just okay (or worse). :D Could be out before the end of the month, though.
It better never fall out. It is fucking amazing. Cinema.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Fergenaprido wrote: March 18th, 2021, 11:22 pm
Torgo wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:13 pm The long-hyped Snyder Cut of Justice League has finally been released today and starts to an impressive (and of course ridiculous) 8.9 at 11k votes on IMDb. It should enter the Top 250 by tonight, but has just about missed the ICM update cycle. Bets are on if it will still become a new official check by Monday. ;)
It's now entered the Top 250 at #117 with a weighted rating of 8.2 (compared to a raw rating of 8.8 on the film page). It will fall off the list eventually, but I think the speed at which it does depends on how many non-fans feel like dedicating 4 hours of their life to see a different version of a film they probably already saw and thought was just okay (or worse). :D Could be out before the end of the month, though.
I'll probably subject myself to it, and given that my Snyder ratings range from 2-6 I think it's pretty likely that I'll end up rating it lower than 9 :lol:

It does seem like a fascinating object in many respects and one of some historical note - how many other fan-requested edits of films have ever shown up with such fanfare?
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Ferg beat me to it. #117 is actually low for a film with 8.8 on its page thanks to the different weighting, I expected to see something laughable like #30. Let the fans have their fun for a day or two. :P
Bing147 wrote: March 18th, 2021, 3:40 pm I mean, ya, Snyder pretty consistently has a vision for his work. Reviews for the Snyder cut are pretty consistently citing the difference in both the film, and how his vision comes through. Mind you I don't think he's ever made a film I would call better than okay. His "vision" is almost entirely the problem with films like Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. It's not a vision I enjoy, but he certainly brings one to his work.
Absolutely this, but try explaining this to viewers who might think stuff like Man of Steel and Guardians of the Galaxy are essentially the same films, huh? Snyder certainly is one of the key figures to leave an imprint on mainstream films from 2006 on; even if many will not like it. Clearly one of the directors to have recognizable style.

That said, I was one of the very few fans of MoS & DoJ, have just exposed myself to this 4-hour-monster and didn't enjoy it too much. :lol:
I wonder if the studio is making money with this, given there had been reshootings and post-production worth 70 millions and everything? Hm.

Hopping off the hype train for now ..
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

Bing147 wrote: March 18th, 2021, 3:40 pm I mean, ya, Snyder pretty consistently has a vision for his work. Reviews for the Snyder cut are pretty consistently citing the difference in both the film, and how his vision comes through. Mind you I don't think he's ever made a film I would call better than okay. His "vision" is almost entirely the problem with films like Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. It's not a vision I enjoy, but he certainly brings one to his work.
I stopped after watching his movies after 300 and Watchmen. Both source comics are works I enjoyed, both movies are practically lifted directly from the comics and put into motion. Completely devoid of directorial vision, IMNSHO.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
Bing147

Post by Bing147 »

Knaldskalle wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:29 am
I stopped after watching his movies after 300 and Watchmen. Both source comics are works I enjoyed, both movies are practically lifted directly from the comics and put into motion. Completely devoid of directorial vision, IMNSHO.
I can't agree. Especially in Watchmen. He's incredibly faithful to the material, to a fault, but his poor understanding of the material shades it constantly from beginning to end. He brings an incredibly different tone, just in his color palate, the shots, the editing. Its actually pretty remarkable how much of a stamp he puts on that film while being so faithful to the material. Don't get me wrong, almost entirely to its detriment. These choices go completely against the entire point of the origin story, to the point where its clear that Snyder does not understand the material at all. Its probably still his best film just because so many aspects of the fantastic source material are faithfully represented, but I'd still probably give it a 6/10.

The issue again happens in Man of Steel and BvS where his poor understanding of these characters turns both films into a huge mess. I mean, this is the man who thought Pa Kent should try to convince Superman to let a bunch of kids die and then actually convince him to let him die in a freaking Tornado. I found the film a nightmare. BvS is somehow better and worse. He actually finds a little humanity in Superman this time and starts to develop certain relationships in a way that kind of works. There's also a few excellent action scenes. This time though his characterization of Batman doesn't work at all, several other characters he takes in laughably poor directions, and he seems like he's looking at every turn to find a way to laugh at comic book fans for enjoying comic books... in his comic book movie... its really pretty bizarre. Its also far too long, poorly edited, and just a complete mess, and I only saw the supposedly much improved director's cut.

Funnily enough, I found the theatrical cut of Justice League to be a big improvement. There are some awful choices made in it, some of which definitely feel like they were made by Whedon, and the story/villain are awful, but for the first time in one of these the characters actually work. A tone is found for each one that actually fits, and the cast has terrific chemistry, in a way that very much feels like a Whedon thing frankly. Most of the things I liked about it are things that feel like Snyder would have never gone for them. Its still not a very good movie, but I kind of enjoyed it anyway.

I'll eventually get to the Snyder cut, I am curious. Its mostly a morbid curiosity mind you, the last thing I would normally want from a Snyder movie is to let him be as Snyder as possible, but still curious and the decent reviews give me some hope it might not feel like a complete waste of time.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Updated
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Ok, not concerning any current update, but while we're already at it:
Who thought it would be a good idea to include the 100 Essential Noirs even exactly in the same order as the first 100 entries for 1000 Noirs (formerly More Noirs)?
Not that it "matters" to the site that much, it's just so redundant and blowing up the list stats for 100 entries - and we DO CARE about list stats! (Like how many films are on at least 3 official lists; it's skewing them)

The only precedent I see on ICM are the nominees & winners for Academy Award BP & "foreign"; redundant, too, but I'd say it's more important to have them all in their place given the high popularity of the Oscars. TSPDT Noirs are .. of lesser importance, you know.

Any opinions on this? Strong agrees or disagrees?
WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff »

Torgo wrote: March 19th, 2021, 4:54 pm Ok, not concerning any current update, but while we're already at it:
Who thought it would be a good idea to include the 100 Essential Noirs even exactly in the same order as the first 100 entries for 1000 Noirs (formerly More Noirs)?
Not that it "matters" to the site that much, it's just so redundant and blowing up the list stats for 100 entries - and we DO CARE about list stats! (Like how many films are on at least 3 official lists; it's skewing them)

The only precedent I see on ICM are the nominees & winners for Academy Award BP & "foreign"; redundant, too, but I'd say it's more important to have them all in their place given the high popularity of the Oscars. TSPDT Noirs are .. of lesser importance, you know.

Any opinions on this? Strong agrees or disagrees?
I think this was a holdover from when TSPDT had a separate 100 essential noir list, before we adopted the mega-list. You'd think I'd remember, but I don't, sorry. I'm sure one of the mods with a more retentive memory can elucidate. I look forward to the ensuing 100 or so posts.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Something like that. The previous version of the list clearly had a top 100 and a list with more titles. Than Bill started over from scratch. He first released a list of 100 essentials and expanded from that. As you can see on the complete list he still marked those 100 as the essential 100, so it is a bit of a separate list. So when we went from the old list to the new version, we decided the essential 100 deserved their own list. We debated about whether or not to include them in the full list. We decided to do so, because otherwise we would end up with a top 1000 that has 900 titles.
ICM-profile
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

About that vague I can recall the officialization process of the noir list(s), too. But: "because otherwise we would end up with a top 1000 that has 900 titles." - this is a stance that doesn't satisfy me. :lol:
It's explained in both descriptions how the lists are part of the same project. Wouldn't that suffice. There's the entry-level 100-list and then even more noirs. On a plus side, people would have to fight harder for their bronzes on the expanded list and don't basically get 100 so much easier titles "for free". :whistling:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Onderhond wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:28 pm
Torgo wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:25 pm The aspect ratio should objectively be the most interesting thing about this release. Name me another big mainstream film, let alone CGI/action bluster, which was not released in widescreen in the last, mh, 50 years?
Not sure, but the fact that I can't remember any is a good thing. 4:3 is horrible (regardless of artistic excuses).
oh, haven't you gotten the memo - to enjoy the retro experience, you're only allowed to watch this on 20th Century 4:3 TV (the kind with the big tube) :lol:
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

OldAle1 wrote: March 18th, 2021, 2:55 pm The aspect ratio (which I didn't know about - I've hardly been paying attention to this story given my huge antipathy to Zack Snyder) is actually about the only thing that makes it interesting to me.
Zack Snyder - WTF? as in "Who the ..." Shows how much I care about this, though I've seen plenty of headlines. Just the words "Justice League" cause an odd Covid-like cough. Seems like someone trying to make money twice or something, maybe because they have no new content to offer.

And then there's WandaVision this and WandaVision that.

Taking a cue from the Godzilla canon: Kill All Superheroes! :thumbsup:
WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff »

Torgo wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:44 pm About that vague I can recall the officialization process of the noir list(s), too. But: "because otherwise we would end up with a top 1000 that has 900 titles." - this is a stance that doesn't satisfy me. :lol:
I'm not satisfied that there is no Pre-Code list, or that Joachim is still holding out on some shorts. Oh well, we all have our crosses to bear.
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

So... It’s been two years since the Blues list last got an update. Why keep a list that’s not up to date/not correct? I like the list and think it got merits, but it needs to be an update on it every year with the TSPDT 1-2000 or it’s pointless.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

I don't think that's so important tbh (nobody works on that thing anyway, it's just .. there).

A short reminder that the source link for TSP 1000+ isn't up to date. :sweat:
WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff »

Torgo wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:35 pm I don't think that's so important tbh (nobody works on that thing anyway, it's just .. there).
Oh I don't know about that - I'm ranked 8th on that list.
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

Torgo wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:35 pm (nobody works on that thing anyway, it's just .. there)
I beg to differ. :P
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

72aicm wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:27 pm So... It’s been two years since the Blues list last got an update. Why keep a list that’s not up to date/not correct? I like the list and think it got merits, but it needs to be an update on it every year with the TSPDT 1-2000 or it’s pointless.
I don't know the process, but I don't think Bill does a yearly update for the Blues list. It might be only every 5 years, or whenever someone reminds him about it. Technically, it is up to date since the icm list is the most recent version of the list that's been published anywhere/sent by Bill. The fact that the source itself is incorrect/out of date is a whole separate thing in my eyes, and would open up a can of worms about other older lists that I don't know if I want to get into. :grimace:
Torgo wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:35 pm I don't think that's so important tbh (nobody works on that thing anyway, it's just .. there).

A short reminder that the source link for TSP 1000+ isn't up to date. :sweat:
I quite like that list, and have indeed found some amazing underlooked films on there. Though I slightly preferred the previous version, a film being on the NBBMO list increases the chance I'll watch it.

As to the source link for TSPDT 1001+, you're right. I'm trying to find the correct source link but I cannot. I remember it was mentioned and posted on this board earlier around the time of the update, though.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

xianjiro wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:51 pm oh, haven't you gotten the memo - to enjoy the retro experience, you're only allowed to watch this on 20th Century 4:3 TV (the kind with the big tube) :lol:
The only memos I get are in Japanese. And I can't read that :turned:
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

So much artistic exploration in that Superhero Genre these days. I say we need a They Shoot Cartoon Villains Don't They: Top 1000 List to become an official list. We already have Noir & Horror with such bloated lists. So why not? TSCVDT would include every film in the genre ever made basically, very helpful I think.
Top 100 | Top 250

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Fergenaprido wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:37 pm
72aicm wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:27 pm So... It’s been two years since the Blues list last got an update. Why keep a list that’s not up to date/not correct? I like the list and think it got merits, but it needs to be an update on it every year with the TSPDT 1-2000 or it’s pointless.
I don't know the process, but I don't think Bill does a yearly update for the Blues list. It might be only every 5 years, or whenever someone reminds him about it. Technically, it is up to date since the icm list is the most recent version of the list that's been published anywhere/sent by Bill. The fact that the source itself is incorrect/out of date is a whole separate thing in my eyes, and would open up a can of worms about other older lists that I don't know if I want to get into. :grimace:
Didn't we ask for an update to get the current version? I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere to that effect, but I don't have the gumption to hunt it down right now.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

xianjiro wrote: March 20th, 2021, 2:47 am
Didn't we ask for an update to get the current version? I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere to that effect, but I don't have the gumption to hunt it down right now.
I just sent an email to Bill asking for an update for Nobody's Blues and Brief Encounters.
ICM-profile
dirty_score

Post by dirty_score »

La Cinetek has now a new section dedicated to late filmmakers. They start with François Truffaut and his list of favorite films based on the book "The Films of my life" which is the source for our official list. Although they present 130 films against the ICM's 108.

Here's their list: https://www.lacinetek.com/fr-en/directo ... ruffaut-10

Also, I still believe he should be moved to the directors tab.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

Going back to the noir list...

while I'm glad it's being updated regularly - at this rate it'll hit the magic 1000 before the year is out - I'm a bit less enthused by the last few choices. I'm fine with there being more neo/modern noir, but 10 of the last 15 have been from the 1980s-90s, and only 2 films have been non-American (one British, one German). Yes, the 80s-90s was a fertile period for modern noir and it's saucy younger cousin the erotic thriller - but a lot of those films are pretty terrible and not many are on the level of Blue Velvet or Heat. It just seems to me that if the focus is now to be more on films from recent decades, there's a wider variety of stuff - including films from a great many countries that produced little if any noir in the classic era - than what the list has been promoting in it's recent picks.
frbrown

Post by frbrown »

joachimt wrote: March 20th, 2021, 7:59 am

I just sent an email to Bill asking for an update for Nobody's Blues and Brief Encounters.
Can we update Brief Encounters ourselves?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2051&p=687303#p687303

Peaceful went AWOL soon after that discussion :(
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

OldAle1 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 3:23 pm

while I'm glad it's being updated regularly - at this rate it'll hit the magic 1000 before the year is out - I'm a bit less enthused by the last few choices. I'm fine with there being more neo/modern noir, but 10 of the last 15 have been from the 1980s-90s, and only 2 films have been non-American (one British, one German). Yes, the 80s-90s was a fertile period for modern noir and it's saucy younger cousin the erotic thriller - but a lot of those films are pretty terrible and not many are on the level of Blue Velvet or Heat. It just seems to me that if the focus is now to be more on films from recent decades, there's a wider variety of stuff - including films from a great many countries that produced little if any noir in the classic era - than what the list has been promoting in it's recent picks.
yeah, I saw a much better noir-ish film from Mexico (La diosa arrodillada) that's not made the list than anything I've seen that's recently been added (Bad Influence/Narrow Margin/Final Analysis) which I'd mostly classify as crappy star vehicles.

List are fine, but I'm rather losing faith in anyone's ability to adequately cover their subject matter though I think someone like Mark Cousins does a more thorough job than most. And lists that set a goal of including X number of genre films, rather than "these are the best _______ films", letting the content determine the list's size, is a dross magnet.

You don't make cream by using 50% of the milk from the cow. You skim off the higher fat content from the top.
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

xianjiro wrote: March 20th, 2021, 4:51 pm
OldAle1 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 3:23 pm

yeah, I saw a much better noir-ish film from Mexico (La diosa arrodillada) that's not made the list than anything I've seen that's recently been added (Bad Influence/Narrow Margin/Final Analysis) which I'd mostly classify as crappy star vehicles.

List are fine, but I'm rather losing faith in anyone's ability to adequately cover their subject matter though I think someone like Mark Cousins does a more thorough job than most. And lists that set a goal of including X number of genre films, rather than "these are the best _______ films", letting the content determine the list's size, is a dross magnet.

You don't make cream by using 50% of the milk from the cow. You skim off the higher fat content from the top.
This is why I still refer to and update my own lists. I mean, the film noir list is a a big part of that actually - I don't know when exactly I started making my own excel lists but I do remember specifically doing one for noir when the old 250 Quintessential list was up, and adding that and all the "More noirs" - and then realizing that hey, there were lots of other films that were just as noir that belonged IMO. One of my hopes was that he would open up the renovated list to more non-American stuff, but that has largely been a dashed hope - and to be fair, most noir critics and specialists that I've read don't seem too interested in expanding the (national) boundaries - even if they grudgingly admit to quite a few British films, and a few less French films, and a handful of Japanese ones the idea that OMG NOIR STYLE COULD BE FOUND ANYWHERE is just not something they buy or care to delve into much. I actually saw half a dozen Mexican noirs last fall, including the one you mention, the modern Miss Bala and four others from the 40s-50s, and all of them were better than the three American films you mention (all of which I saw new, and to be fair don't remember that well). The highlight for me was Aventurera (1950) one of a bunch of rumberas films that seem to this viewer sort of a hybrid of noir and musical. I'd say that after the usual suspects of the USA/UK/France/Japan, Mexico was probably the most important producer of noir in the classic period, though my own knowledge is still scant in many areas. Egypt made a bunch too - can anybody explain to me why Babe el hadid is *not* noir? And if one accepts that it is, surely it deserves mention as much as a second- or third-tier American noir from the same year like The Screaming Mimi.

Even somebody who is as generous a viewer as I am probably would not claim that there are 1000 "great" noirs (or great any genre apart from drama and comedy) but there might well be 1000 worthwhile, memorable, historically important, etc films that fit the category - if we can get outside of the Hollywood prejudice that still infects just about everybody whose opinion counts on the subject, that is. Stacking the list with Jeff Bridges films doesn't cut it.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

OldAle1 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 5:39 pm can anybody explain to me why Babe el hadid is *not* noir?
Hardly so.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I think if I was even going to try to tackle the subject of "noir", I'd start by creating a most universally-accepted definition I could come up with - and that would likely mean limiting it to the classic noir period of the 40s - 50s, and yes, US cinema. I remember reading a figure, like 250, films are considered classic noir - just can't locate that reference now that I want it. From there, or with a number like that, I'd do a 50 best list. If I really cared, I might try to rank them from 1 (best) to 250-ish (worst), but honestly, I don't find a lot of value in outright ranking of that nature and derive no personal pleasure from the process. Tiered ranking might appeal to me more, with about 50 films per tier.

If I then wanted to catalog other noir, neo-noir, noir-antecedents, and other films influenced by noir, I'd probably do a similar process, but it would really be a long-term project, since we're talking well over 1000 films to watch, catalog, classify, and eventually rank or maybe more appropriately, highlight, so that people could see which films I thought most worthy of attention. However, I'd let the subject matter dictate numbers, not the other way around.

And last, I'd have to care a whole lot more about film noir than I currently do to even begin a project like that. ;)
WalterNeff
Donator

Post by WalterNeff »

As resident Czar of Noir, I agree with the assessment of the more recent additions. However, check-whore that I am, I will watch them to get my Platinum back. Watching Still of the Night right now, and I'm fairly sure I've seen it before, but will (re-)watch it to make sure.

As to xianjiro's quest for classic noir, my first noir reference book was Keaney's Film Noir Guide - 745 Films of the Classic Era (1940-1959), which is on iCM at https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/film ... -1959/apu/
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

frbrown wrote: March 20th, 2021, 4:13 pm
joachimt wrote: March 20th, 2021, 7:59 am

Can we update Brief Encounters ourselves?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2051&p=687303#p687303

Peaceful went AWOL soon after that discussion :(
But we're not sure if Brief Encounters is simply the top 250 shorts on TSPDT. Fergy posted about it already little bit below that post.

Let's wait for Bill's reply first. Last time I emailed him, he replied, so I expect him to this time as well.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

dirty_score wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:51 am La Cinetek has now a new section dedicated to late filmmakers. They start with François Truffaut and his list of favorite films based on the book "The Films of my life" which is the source for our official list. Although they present 130 films against the ICM's 108.

Does anyone have the actual book so that we can compare?
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

I don't have the book unfortunately...

Cinetek seem to be a quite good site i just registered there.

Maybe it"s the usual debate between movies what are just talked about on the movie and the one that have an entire Page/Article
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Tim2460 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 9:01 pm Maybe it"s the usual debate between movies what are just talked about on the movie and the one that have an entire Page/Article
That's what I thought, maybe it's better at 108 entries. One has to look into source
sortile9io

Post by sortile9io »

Fergenaprido wrote: March 20th, 2021, 7:19 pm
dirty_score wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:51 am La Cinetek has now a new section dedicated to late filmmakers. They start with François Truffaut and his list of favorite films based on the book "The Films of my life" which is the source for our official list. Although they present 130 films against the ICM's 108.

The 2014 English edition is available at Z-library: https://1lib.eu/book/5945249/8c22f2.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

sortile9io wrote: March 20th, 2021, 9:09 pm
Fergenaprido wrote: March 20th, 2021, 7:19 pm

The 2014 English edition is available at Z-library: https://1lib.eu/book/5945249/8c22f2.
Thanks sortile, that site works for me. I'll add this to the list of things I need to look into.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

So I'm reading Tom Vick's Asian Cinema: A Field Guide and noticed that Cowboy Bebop is discussed in the book like most of the films are but is absent from the list. I feel like it should be added given we already have a precedent for other TV series being in official lists. Additionally, Cowboy Bebop is actually more of a maxi-series having a very definitive conclusion in the final episode and is significantly shorter than several of the "mini-series" that are official like Berlin Alexanderplatz. Thoughts?
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

My first, instinctive reaction was OH GOD NO just stop it. But then ..
flavo5000 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 3:24 pm Additionally, Cowboy Bebop is actually more of a maxi-series having a very definitive conclusion in the final episode and is significantly shorter than several of the "mini-series" that are official like Berlin Alexanderplatz.
.. it's true: Only 1 season adding up to less than 11 hours runtime. Hm.
I would be happier if we never started with all the TV series entries on ICM, but here we are. If it is the only exception in the book to made .. hm.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

No TV series pls! Also hate Cowboy Bebop, but that has nothing to do with it :p