Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Apr 15th), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Foxtrot, May nominations (Apr 30th)

Your internet speed

HVM

Post by HVM »

:shrug:
1918 - 100 - 2018
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

mightysparks on Aug 28 2014, 07:57:17 AM wrote:You sure you didn't move to Australia?

We got NBN today

:happy:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Screenshot 2021-02-27 205422.jpg
Provided by my city and dependent on my income, it will only cost $10/mo! Can you believe that? And it's not a limited or "special" offer. That's the rate for people in my income bracket going forward. My neighborhood was the first outside of completely new construction to have the fiber installed since we have the lowest broadband subscription rate citywide. Comcast offers service for that price, but I think it's 25 Mbps if I understood the speedtest and remember correctly. Oh, and Comcast recently doubled their speed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Good speed for most of the streaming services that I use - and about 25 times as fast my connection was on ADSL.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

xianjiro wrote: February 28th, 2021, 5:03 am Screenshot 2021-02-27 205422.jpg

Provided by my city and dependent on my income, it will only cost $10/mo! Can you believe that? And it's not a limited or "special" offer. That's the rate for people in my income bracket going forward. My neighborhood was the first outside of completely new construction to have the fiber installed since we have the lowest broadband subscription rate citywide. Comcast offers service for that price, but I think it's 25 Mbps if I understood the speedtest and remember correctly. Oh, and Comcast recently doubled their speed.
Jeez... I pay $50/month for 6 Mbps down/1 Mbps up.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

Knaldskalle wrote: February 28th, 2021, 6:32 am
xianjiro wrote: February 28th, 2021, 5:03 am Screenshot 2021-02-27 205422.jpg

Jeez... I pay $50/month for 6 Mbps down/1 Mbps up.
I was doing that for a while, simply to avoid Comcast. But when we cut the cord, it wasn't working any longer. But I'm paying for a business line at 50mbps simply to avoid data caps.
tazz_85

Post by tazz_85 »

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs »

For about 10 dollars per month.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Lammetje wrote: August 10th, 2015, 9:15 pm Image

:)
5½ years later:

iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi »

Wow, we're pretty happy with our speeds (for the most part) but apparently we've fallen to the wayside compared to you guys (paying the equivalent of about $50 US).

Last edited by Leopardi on February 28th, 2021, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Huge gaps here. :satstunned:
Less than 32 mbit shouldn't be tolerable anymore, anywhere. At the latest, not in times of Covid.

I last year finally upgraded my broadband service which was without a change active since 2009 (!!) - an offer which was pretty nice back in the day, 32 mbps for 30 Euros a month, including a flatrate for telephone calls, how's that?!
Switched to 200 mbit for also 20 or 30 Euros a month. Germany is rather expensive when it comes to that. :mellow: Upstream also could be better, but hey.

I think it's amazing being able to stream stuff in 4K without much buffering.
Coryn

Post by Coryn »

Fiber gang :P

I download steam games at 35-50mb/s
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?
Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi »

Torgo wrote: February 28th, 2021, 3:31 pm Huge gaps here. :satstunned:
Less than 32 mbit shouldn't be tolerable anymore, anywhere. At the latest, not in times of Covid.

I last year finally upgraded my broadband service which was without a change active since 2009 (!!) - an offer which was pretty nice back in the day, 32 mbps for 30 Euros a month, including a flatrate for telephone calls, how's that?!
Switched to 200 mbit for also 20 or 30 Euros a month. Germany is rather expensive when it comes to that. :mellow: Upstream also could be better, but hey.

I think it's amazing being able to stream stuff in 4K without much buffering.
I just tried again and got something around 40 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up so maybe my modem was just having 'a moment'. Part of the problem is me, I'm supposed to have 75 Mbps as part of my plan, but I still have an old modem only capable of 60 Mbps transfer. Someday I'll bite the bullet and get a new one. But for now, my partner and I can both have Zoom sessions going (with video) without any issues, and that's about the heaviest use for us, so I'm not feeling the urge yet to change.

Still, I feel I'm behind the times, especially considering network R&D is my job. Every day I'm working with modems capable of 800 Gbps over long distances (for ISPs, not for individuals, of course! I was a part of this field trial last year). It just doesn't seem to give me the itch for faster internet though, I don't know why.
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

I'm getting much faster speed usinf the app than the website

Upload is 50% slower than my old ISP (capped @500, before it reached 1000 with ease)

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

shugs wrote: February 28th, 2021, 10:55 am For about 10 dollars per month.

Woohoo! High five! 👋🏽 So does this mean I live in America's Romania?