Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1998 (Results), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th), 1933 (May 12th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Moya lyubov, May nominations (Apr 30th)

In Memoriam: Mathias Aeschlimann

ChrisReynolds
Donator

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Sad news. I'd seen his posts about the cancer and it was clear that he was getting near the end. He always had a lot of interesting choices of films. It's inspiring that despite everything he stayed so matter-of-fact and upbeat. He summarises his job status on his LinkedIn page as "Having the time of my life, except for prospects." My thoughts are with his family, friends and cute little pug.
ChrisReynolds
Donator

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I dug up this old photo of the iCM outing to see Napoleon. Proscht, Mathias.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

I am very very sad to see him go, but glad that he at least was able to continue doing what he loved until then. I will surely miss his presence and contributions.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Horrible news. I was gone from the forum for months, but I remember his username from the time I was here. Rest in Peace.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

I think we should all watch MacGruber in memory of mathiasa :( this weeked!
Reflect

Post by Reflect »

Very sad news. We didn't interact much on here, but he'll be missed. May he rest in peace.
Prat

Post by Prat »

It's awful.
I don't talk too much, but I remember him interacting on the forum. My sincere condolences to his relatives and close ones.
cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage »

I find out about this with a massive delay... How sad, this is really a dramatic loss for the world. I remember that day in London, he was so friendly and easy-going... I'm impressed by his positivity and hope I will be able to follow up such a formidable example of behaviour in front of the inevitable when the time comes.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

any word on en memorium requests from the family?
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

Nothing on his account other than a few RIP posts, and I'd feel awkward looking at or messaging his wife's account.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: November 17th, 2020, 9:47 pm Nothing on his account other than a few RIP posts, and I'd feel awkward looking at or messaging his wife's account.
No, I totally agree about NOT messaging anyone, but thanks for keeping an eye out. :thumbsup:
ChrisReynolds
Donator

Post by ChrisReynolds »

There is a new instagram post on the pugshila account telling people about his death. No requests, only people leaving condolences.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

ChrisReynolds wrote: November 30th, 2020, 3:42 pm There is a new instagram post on the pugshila account telling people about his death. No requests, only people leaving condolences.
Thanks Chris! :thumbsup:
Coryn

Post by Coryn »

Rip Mathiasa :rip:
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?