Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Results), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Moya lyubov, May nominations (Apr 30th)

What's the meaning behind your username?

yllow

Post by yllow »

I’m a coward. And I can’t spell for shit.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

yllow wrote: November 5th, 2020, 2:08 pm I’m a coward. And I can’t spell for shit.
:lol:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

peeptoad wrote: March 14th, 2021, 5:11 pm My username actually comes from the road in Situate (though via a personal-inside joke that is now decades old).
What do you mean by 'Situate'? Is that a place?

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Autocorrect got me one day in a chat with one of my friends when we were discussing how Tom Hooper's inoffensive historical junk beat The Social Network in the 2011 Oscars. We laughed about the typo and it became an inside joke.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

Lammetje wrote: March 14th, 2021, 5:53 pm
peeptoad wrote: March 14th, 2021, 5:11 pm My username actually comes from the road in Situate (though via a personal-inside joke that is now decades old).
Yes, except I misspelled it because my brain is fried. Scituate...
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Nathan Treadway wrote: October 31st, 2020, 5:06 am Mine was conceived in what I thought was a clever moment. Apparently, it's not too clever, nor is it it all that rare to use one's actual name.
I don't understand that, would you mind explaining it? I feel like missing a wordplay, being the non-native speaker I am :)
kongs_speech wrote: March 14th, 2021, 6:11 pm Autocorrect got me one day in a chat with one of my friends when we were discussing how Tom Hooper's inoffensive historical junk beat The Social Network in the 2011 Oscars. We laughed about the typo and it became an inside joke.
:D Not bad!
Lammetje wrote: August 28th, 2016, 9:35 pm I also like bumping old threads. :P
Lucky coincidence, I like quoting old comments! :D
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

peeptoad wrote: March 14th, 2021, 9:30 pm
Ok, so it's a town in Rhode Island. I'll add it to my list of places to visit in the USA. :)
Torgo wrote: March 15th, 2021, 1:21 am
Lammetje wrote: August 28th, 2016, 9:35 pm I also like bumping old threads. :P
Lucky coincidence, I like quoting old comments! :D
:cheers:

More memorable quotes
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

Lammetje wrote: March 15th, 2021, 2:00 pm
peeptoad wrote: March 14th, 2021, 9:30 pm

Ok, so it's a town in Rhode Island. I'll add it to my list of places to visit in the USA. :)
Eh, there are better places in RI to visit. I actually wouldn't rec Scituate; maybe try Providence, Charlestown, or Adamsville/Little Compton instead. :)
Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway »

Torgo wrote: March 15th, 2021, 1:21 am
Nathan Treadway wrote: October 31st, 2020, 5:06 am Mine was conceived in what I thought was a clever moment. Apparently, it's not too clever, nor is it it all that rare to use one's actual name.
I don't understand that, would you mind explaining it? I feel like missing a wordplay, being the non-native speaker I am :)
I must've been in a silly mood when I typed that. It's something I'd say if I were.

Basically, I'm calling myself out for not being original or clever, even though I may think I am sometimes.
lineuphere

Post by lineuphere »

I'm a theatre composer and I lifted my name from the lyrics of a tune from an obscure musical called, "The Golden Apple."

"As your spokesman, I deplore 'em. Line up here and make a quorum."
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Ah, so this day I finally found out where WalterNeff got his name from ..
Spoiler
:teehee:
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

Torgo wrote: March 30th, 2021, 1:40 am Ah, so this day I finally found out where WalterNeff got his name from ..
Spoiler
:teehee:
Spoiler
That figures, some obscure noir with a 4.6 score that nobody ever heard of. tehe
Spoiler
I learned the source of Walter's name when I saw the real Double Indemnity in December. Until then, I assumed it was his real name.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

kongs_speech wrote: March 30th, 2021, 2:37 am
Spoiler
That figures, some obscure noir with a 4.6 score that nobody ever heard of. tehe
:lol:
Spoiler
I learned the source of Walter's name when I saw the real Double Indemnity in December. Until then, I assumed it was his real name.
That's the problem with me and having seen so many of the more important classics about 10-15 years ago - I don't remember a single thing about them and have to rewatch everything one day. Then I can continue with digging deeper, then repeat the classics. etc.
It's such a cool feeling to finally encounter the (real) source of a reference you know for years. :sweat: