Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Apr 15th), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Foxtrot, May nominations (Apr 30th)

The Birthday Thread

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

kongs_speech wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:02 pm
mightysparks wrote: January 25th, 2021, 10:52 pm
kongs_speech wrote: January 25th, 2021, 10:40 pm

You've got two years on me. I'll be 28 in May, so 30 is beginning to creep up on me. For what it's worth, I've heard most of my older friends say their 30s have been better than their 20s.
This is the first decade of my life since I was born that I’m not starting out obese or overweight so I’m already starting it out at my healthiest. Physically and mentally. It will probably be the last decade in which I have full use of my legs so I’m going to try and take advantage of that.
I'll never be able to be who I want to be, but I guess I'll be okay as long as I continue to find myself tolerable. :lol:

Oh damn, I wasn't aware you had an issue with your legs. I'm sorry to hear that. :(
My family has a genetic nerve disease. I got tested for it a couple of years ago and although I don't have symptoms yet, I have the gene for it so I have that to look forward to. Most people in my family haven't had it start until their 40s. My dad's getting ready to retire on disability in a few years and he's only 50...

So my goal is to do everything I want to do that requires legs before that point.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

mightysparks wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:06 pm
kongs_speech wrote: January 25th, 2021, 11:02 pm
mightysparks wrote: January 25th, 2021, 10:52 pm

This is the first decade of my life since I was born that I’m not starting out obese or overweight so I’m already starting it out at my healthiest. Physically and mentally. It will probably be the last decade in which I have full use of my legs so I’m going to try and take advantage of that.
I'll never be able to be who I want to be, but I guess I'll be okay as long as I continue to find myself tolerable. :lol:

Oh damn, I wasn't aware you had an issue with your legs. I'm sorry to hear that. :(
My family has a genetic nerve disease. I got tested for it a couple of years ago and although I don't have symptoms yet, I have the gene for it so I have that to look forward to. Most people in my family haven't had it start until their 40s. My dad's getting ready to retire on disability in a few years and he's only 50...

So my goal is to do everything I want to do that requires legs before that point.
Shit. That's really horrible and I'm so sorry someone as cool as you has to deal with it. I'm fortunate in that, while there's a lot wrong with me, everything I have is comparatively minor. My body aches every day and I cannot remember what having energy used to feel like, but I'm in no danger of being physically unable to walk, so it could definitely be worse. My best friend has awful issues with her Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and it breaks my heart that I can't help her.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.