Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Results), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Moya lyubov, May nominations (Apr 30th)

Do you eat meat?

sebby

Post by sebby »

Being a vegan or vegetarian right now is like being a non-smoker half a century ago. Not a whole lot of fun, just a whole lot of frustration. That's about all I'll say.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

My mum bought me a plant-based schnitzel to have at Christmas lunch, which was pretty good. Went and bought some more of it this morning for when I'm in a chicken-y mood. I also went to a health cafe recently and their plant-based chicken was the best non-chicken chicken I've had. Chicken is the only meat I miss, but this stuff looks and tastes just like chicken off the bone and more than satisfies all my chicken cravings.

My grandma got a nut loaf recipe off her 'vegan neighbours' that we made up for me on Christmas lunch. It's a little bland, but decent and filling. It was nice to be more included in the food this year, but even without it there is plenty of non-meat stuff to eat so I've never asked or expected them to go out of their way.

My vegan brownies were a hit with everyone. I got 'it just melts in your mouth' about five times lol. Everyone was surprised to learn they were vegan :rolleyes:

Only had brief comments on my diet and no yelling or insults this year. Just assumptions that I don't know what I'm missing and that I must eat really plain, boring food. I'll take it as a win.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

mightysparks wrote: December 27th, 2020, 3:42 am My mum bought me a plant-based schnitzel to have at Christmas lunch, which was pretty good. Went and bought some more of it this morning for when I'm in a chicken-y mood. I also went to a health cafe recently and their plant-based chicken was the best non-chicken chicken I've had. Chicken is the only meat I miss, but this stuff looks and tastes just like chicken off the bone and more than satisfies all my chicken cravings.

My grandma got a nut loaf recipe off her 'vegan neighbours' that we made up for me on Christmas lunch. It's a little bland, but decent and filling. It was nice to be more included in the food this year, but even without it there is plenty of non-meat stuff to eat so I've never asked or expected them to go out of their way.

My vegan brownies were a hit with everyone. I got 'it just melts in your mouth' about five times lol. Everyone was surprised to learn they were vegan :rolleyes:

Only had brief comments on my diet and no yelling or insults this year. Just assumptions that I don't know what I'm missing and that I must eat really plain, boring food. I'll take it as a win.
I googled "schnitzel" because I'm basic. Sounds cool. I'd be curious to try plant-based chicken. I didn't even know that existed. I thought Beyond KFC was just some goofy shit South Park made up. Do y'all have Beyond burgers over there? I've eaten one a few times at a moderate sit-down chain restaurant, and it's quite tasty. The only drawback is the elevated sodium levels, which I try to keep an eye on with my diet. I don't have problems with blood pressure or salt tolerance, but my dad does, and it's not something I want to develop. Fortunately, now that I know how to cook, I won't have to rely on TV dinners, so that's less sodium intake too.

I don't see any reason why a vegan brownie wouldn't be good. You guys can have chocolate, right? Plant-based milk seems like it would work as a substitute for dairy. Glad you had a nice holiday!
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

kongs_speech wrote: December 27th, 2020, 4:56 am I googled "schnitzel" because I'm basic.
I had a lot of schnitzel growing up. It probably sounds a lot less exotic when you realize that it's just breaded fried chicken cutlets. The exact same thing as a milanesa.
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

blocho wrote: December 27th, 2020, 5:16 am
kongs_speech wrote: December 27th, 2020, 4:56 am I googled "schnitzel" because I'm basic.
I had a lot of schnitzel growing up. It probably sounds a lot less exotic when you realize that it's just breaded fried chicken cutlets. The exact same thing as a milanesa.
We don't get a ton of schnitzel in northwest Florida, but I did used to love fried chicken. I don't eat much fried food of any kind nowadays. It's bad for my diabetes, and has become one of those things, along with donuts and sugary desserts, that I don't even miss anymore.
🏳️‍⚧️
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Well I’m vegetarian not vegan so I eat all the chocolate I want :P they just assume anything vegan tastes like lettuce or sand.

We do have beyond burgers here, although I’ve only really seen it at our favourite burger restaurant, Grill’d. But I usually get the garden goodness/veggie patty because I like it more and it’s not as ‘heavy’ as the beefy patty.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

mightysparks wrote: December 27th, 2020, 6:03 am Well I’m vegetarian not vegan so I eat all the chocolate I want :P they just assume anything vegan tastes like lettuce or sand.

We do have beyond burgers here, although I’ve only really seen it at our favourite burger restaurant, Grill’d. But I usually get the garden goodness/veggie patty because I like it more and it’s not as ‘heavy’ as the beefy patty.
I don't have much experience eating vegan cuisine, as there are very few such people around here, but I've seen Guy Fieri go to some meatless places on Triple D that looked pretty fucking tasty. I enjoy meat, but it's not something I care enough to require for every meal. Good food is good food, and you have to respect the creativity that goes into coming up with vegan substitutes that taste great while acceptably mimicking the textures of animal products.
🏳️‍⚧️
mjf314

Post by mjf314 »

I've tried Gardein's Crispy Tenders (plant-based chicken nuggets) and they're good, but not very healthy, so I don't eat them regularly.

If you like burgers, I recommend black bean burgers. They're both healthier and tastier than Beyond Burgers (or any burgers that try to imitate meat).

Here's my favorite vegan brownie recipe: https://www.rhiansrecipes.com/vegan-bla ... ownies-gf/
They're WFPB, so you can safely eat them every day without feeling guilty.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

These are mine: https://feastingonfruit.com/vegan-cosmi ... ipes-19152. I tried cooking dessert stuff with beans before and they’ve never turned out good.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

There's no reason why chocolate should contain milk or any other animal-derived product. I buy a few different kinds of vegan chocolate and they're pretty good.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Overloaded with vegan treats. I was stocktaking a supermarket I don’t normally shop at and saw meat-free meat pies and a brand of vegan chocolate called Pico. Best thing about my job is getting the vegan sections so I can check out all the food lol. Went there today to buy them and also found these chick'n chunks that look verrrrry promising.

Also bought a few blocks of Pana Organic chocolate the other day; I’d had their small ones before which are amazing but hadn’t tried their regular block chocolate. Got this white hazelnut one which was really good. The Pico chocolate is also damn good. Tried a cheap brand of vegan chocolate and that one sucked but the expensive stuff is goooood.

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

mightysparks wrote: January 6th, 2021, 3:57 am Overloaded with vegan treats. I was stocktaking a supermarket I don’t normally shop at and saw meat-free meat pies and a brand of vegan chocolate called Pico. Best thing about my job is getting the vegan sections so I can check out all the food lol. Went there today to buy them and also found these chick'n chunks that look verrrrry promising.

Also bought a few blocks of Pana Organic chocolate the other day; I’d had their small ones before which are amazing but hadn’t tried their regular block chocolate. Got this white hazelnut one which was really good. The Pico chocolate is also damn good. Tried a cheap brand of vegan chocolate and that one sucked but the expensive stuff is goooood.
Glad you got some cool stuff. I'm sure it tastes fine, but just the term "meat-free meat pie" is humorous. So it's just pie, then? :lol: What is in it?

Now that I know this is kind of more a thread for vegans, I won't go into details, but I will say that I've cooked a few meals now and it continues to go well. :) It feels good to be learning a new skill that's one of the most valuable things you can know how to do.
🏳️‍⚧️
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

It’s actually called a ‘meatless pie’ I think but just meat pies are a big thing here so I was trying to emphasize that’s what it was trying to be :P it’s just like soy protein stuff but looks like beef mince.

I only learnt to cook in 2018 and I don’t know why I waited so long to learn (lazy and scared :rolleyes: ). I love cooking now, well I like eating my cooking but not so much the cooking part. My boyfriend raves about my cooking to everyone and it feels good especially since a few years ago if I couldn’t microwave it I didn’t eat it lol

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

mightysparks wrote: January 6th, 2021, 5:21 am It’s actually called a ‘meatless pie’ I think but just meat pies are a big thing here so I was trying to emphasize that’s what it was trying to be :P it’s just like soy protein stuff but looks like beef mince.

I only learnt to cook in 2018 and I don’t know why I waited so long to learn (lazy and scared :rolleyes: ). I love cooking now, well I like eating my cooking but not so much the cooking part. My boyfriend raves about my cooking to everyone and it feels good especially since a few years ago if I couldn’t microwave it I didn’t eat it lol
Ah yeah, I bet that's not bad if it's seasoned well. Thanks for the clarification lol.

That's awesome that you've gotten so good at cooking. I hope to get there. My New Year's meal turned out very well, especially for a first time. My one mistake was that I sauteed some mushrooms and onions and forgot to add any salt, so while they had a nice flavor from the red wine, they were missing something. The vegetarian item was the thing I fucked up. :lol: Tomorrow, I'm going to learn how to make another major staple dish.
🏳️‍⚧️
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I've tried both the chick'n-y things over the last few days and they are so damn good. Chicken was my favourite food before I became a vegetarian and with these I have no reason to ever go back to it. I got Next Chick'n Chunks and Harvest Gourmet Chargrilled Strips (not vegan):
Spoiler

Both worth checking out if you come across them. I also made this Vegan Butter Chicken for dinner the other night and it was amazing: https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-butter-chicken/. I've struggled to find recipes with tofu that hide the 'soy' taste but this hides it completely and my boyfriend actually thought I'd used the chick'n instead of tofu.

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

That's pretty neat. Glad you found something that works for ya! Butter chicken is one of my favorite dishes. I'd try a vegan version, because why not?
🏳️‍⚧️
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

I've been pretty pleased with recent finds in non-dairy "cheese" and "butter", however the cost means they'll be used much more conservatively than I used to consume cheese.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I'm pretty excited to have found vegan bacon that doesn't suck. I've tried a few and usually they're slippery, slimy, soft horrible tasteless slugs of awfulness. I grabbed a pack of 'Next! Extra Crispy Bacon Style Strips' when I grabbed the chicken-y things and it's pretty good. It doesn't compare to real bacon, but we've been overcooking it until it's really crispy (says 3-4 mins on low, we've been doing 10 mins on high) and it's kind of similar to American bacon. It has a good crunch and a somewhat mild saltiness that makes it a pretty good bacon substitute.

So happy to have found a good chicken replacement and now bacon. Never been a huge fan of bacon but it's useful sometimes. Cheese is the only thing I'm still missing because every vegan cheese I've tried is tasteless trash.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 »

mightysparks wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:01 am So happy to have found a good chicken replacement and now bacon. Never been a huge fan of bacon but it's useful sometimes. Cheese is the only thing I'm still missing because every vegan cheese I've tried is tasteless trash.
Have you tried making your own vegan cheese? There are lots of good recipes that use either nuts or tofu. If you tell me your favorite type of cheese, I'll try to find a recipe for you.
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

mjf314 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:16 am
mightysparks wrote: January 18th, 2021, 4:01 am So happy to have found a good chicken replacement and now bacon. Never been a huge fan of bacon but it's useful sometimes. Cheese is the only thing I'm still missing because every vegan cheese I've tried is tasteless trash.
Have you tried making your own vegan cheese? There are lots of good recipes that use either nuts or tofu. If you tell me your favorite type of cheese, I'll try to find a recipe for you.
No, never even thought of making my own cheese. I love all cheese. Idk what my favourite is, but cheddar and feta are the most common ones I use.

mjf314

Post by mjf314 »

sebby

Post by sebby »

I only buy vegan alternative products a few times a year but I recently bought cheese slices since they were heavily discounted. Made grilled cheese with them and they actually melted like cow cheese and tasted great too. It's been so long since I had cow cheese that maybe I don't remember exactly how it tastes, but this one was closer than any vegan alternative I remember trying. Off the top of my head I don't remember the brand, but the packaging across the line is minimalist, dark blue, and the name is something lazy and generic like vegan life foods. Worth checking out.

Edit: It's violife. Here's a link to the ones I tried. https://www.amazon.com/Violife-Just-Lik ... merReviews
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

Has anyone tried Nuggs?
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

I'll take that as a "no" on the nuggs. ;)

I'm going to try out some of these in the near future since I'm already missing pizza (esp the ones w/o cheese since I still haven't found a brand of vegan cheese that I really like)-
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/tag/vegan-pizza-recipes/

Also, this remains one of my favorite recipes (though I have altered it over the many times I've made it) so thanks again for posting it , mightysparks.
Tahini + sweet potatoes = (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l)
mightysparks wrote: July 20th, 2020, 10:26 am This was dinner tonight: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

We added spinach and feta, but original recipe is vegan, and it just kinda ended up tasting like a big yummy salad. Really easy to make and filling.

eta: I may try those violife "cheeses" though. Haven't had that brand yet...
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

peeptoad wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 1:58 pm I'll take that as a "no" on the nuggs. ;)

I'm going to try out some of these in the near future since I'm already missing pizza (esp the ones w/o cheese since I still haven't found a brand of vegan cheese that I really like)-
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/tag/vegan-pizza-recipes/

Also, this remains one of my favorite recipes (though I have altered it over the many times I've made it) so thanks again for posting it , mightysparks.
Tahini + sweet potatoes = (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l) (l)
mightysparks wrote: July 20th, 2020, 10:26 am This was dinner tonight: Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes

We added spinach and feta, but original recipe is vegan, and it just kinda ended up tasting like a big yummy salad. Really easy to make and filling.

eta: I may try those violife "cheeses" though. Haven't had that brand yet...
Yea I love that recipe, in fact I’m eating it for dinner right now :D

Pretty sure I tried violife cheese but I didn’t like it.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

peeptoad wrote: September 18th, 2020, 5:11 pm
Armoreska wrote: September 17th, 2020, 5:45 pm Interesting. Keep us posted.
In 3 months my total cholesterol went down 74 pts, LDL down 51 pts. Good news. Now I go back on the experimentation wheel...
Still on the experimentation wheel and my doctor just canceled my March appt when I was supposed to get my labs rechecked. The COVID case counts are sky high here right now (and still no vaccine in sight in my state), so I think they are cancelling all non-critical dr visits.
The good news is I have been vegan since just after New Years (I slipped a little with dairy during the holidays) and so far I am feeling pretty great; and this is with way less sleep than I should be getting too. I'm having to hyper-focus on protein though, which is getting a little annoying, but it seems to be helping. Still eating lots of tree nuts, soy, tahini/sesame, and some other meat replacement items and I switched to a different type of vitamin/mineral supplement which may be helping. The only negative so far is that I am eating more gluten because of some of the meat alts and it's starting to give me stomach cramps... trying for every other day with the gluten, which cuts down on this.
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

peeptoad wrote: January 29th, 2021, 10:11 am
peeptoad wrote: September 18th, 2020, 5:11 pm
Armoreska wrote: September 17th, 2020, 5:45 pm Interesting. Keep us posted.
In 3 months my total cholesterol went down 74 pts, LDL down 51 pts. Good news. Now I go back on the experimentation wheel...
Still on the experimentation wheel and my doctor just canceled my March appt when I was supposed to get my labs rechecked. The COVID case counts are sky high here right now (and still no vaccine in sight in my state), so I think they are cancelling all non-critical dr visits.
The good news is I have been vegan since just after New Years (I slipped a little with dairy during the holidays) and so far I am feeling pretty great; and this is with way less sleep than I should be getting too. I'm having to hyper-focus on protein though, which is getting a little annoying, but it seems to be helping. Still eating lots of tree nuts, soy, tahini/sesame, and some other meat replacement items and I switched to a different type of vitamin/mineral supplement which may be helping. The only negative so far is that I am eating more gluten because of some of the meat alts and it's starting to give me stomach cramps... trying for every other day with the gluten, which cuts down on this.
Too bad that appointment got cancelled, but I'm happy to hear that you're plant-based and feeling great. :thumbsup:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

prodigalgodson wrote: December 26th, 2020, 2:33 am I still don't eat anything bigger than birds.
ah my mindset ~11 to 15 years ago
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

kongs_speech wrote: December 26th, 2020, 5:07 pm Aside from the admittedly mocking reference to corpses (because Armoreska is ridiculous in any thread and his politics nauseate me)
I have no problem with fascists as long as they they go to ruin Mars and leave us alone. :$ It's tough that morality is subjective but what can you do, that's our life.
The centrists though are indeed :X

There are 3 directions for you: grow up, become conservative in defending your beliefs, listen to your dad and become even more conservative (ok i admit this is unlikely). Which one is for you? For now I'm sticking around to find out.

I don't feel the need to have a vegan safe space here (got a few on Telegram), though it's fine if someone else does. If I get tired of some conservo in some thread, there's a button to add them to the Cippenham club. Life is just an endless cycle of pain anyway.

The thread is indeed based on the question, but lately it's been used mostly for vegan stuff. Are you a prescriptivist or a descriptivist?
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

On vegan cheese alternatives: these have recently arrived at the local (regional, not national) "discount" grocery store and both times the stock has been pretty decimated (so they are moving). So far I've noticed Miyoko's and Daiya. (I also picked up a Daiya dairy/gluten free pizza, but had trouble cooking it.) So far I prefer Daiya both in taste and look. (Miyoko's has this grey quality that just looks a bit unappetizing.) I can't say I've had much luck with either though when making quesadillas or toasted cheese, but both mix quite well into something like refried beans.

I also shop at another national chain that generally has more options and though it's really expensive, I like Treeline's spreadable "cream" cheese with herbs. Makes a great pickle sandwich. I think Miyoko's cultured butter alternative is also my favorite taste wise and I try to steer clear of those that are made with palm oils.

It's really amazing how much better these faux-cheeses taste now compared to 10-15 years ago when most were soy based. While they certainly won't make up for superior cheeses like Stilton or a good brie, at least now I have something to enjoy and can do sandwiches again.

I'm not vegan, but since I stopped eating dairy, it's been a bit of a challenge to adjust my diet.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

found in a movie today (3 checks)

I wonder if the more progressive of the carrion gobblers would patron such an establishment
he or A. or Armo or any

the rest
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

one of the most enjoyable b movies and then they added the pro vegan argument (which is also on the Twilight Zone)
he or A. or Armo or any

the rest
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

https://apnews.com/article/rhode-island ... e902f8747e
Damn. I was hoping this guy would remain a fugitive.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Now the other prisoners will at least know of the outside.
Maybe a mass breakout is in order.
he or A. or Armo or any

the rest
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

:thumbsup:
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Whenever I visit my family for the holidays, I have to deal with so many 'omg weird/boring vegetarian food', 'all vegetarians eat is lettuce', 'make sure you're getting enough protein', comments. Here's my boring vegetarian food making up about 86g protein from yesterday:

WHEN WILL THEY STOP. For Easter lunch this year my nan did get me vegan sausage rolls and nuggets, along with a leek and feta pie so it was nice that they're catering for me (though I'm happy to pick at the side dishes).

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

mightysparks wrote: April 9th, 2021, 6:50 am WHEN WILL THEY STOP.
This is probably a rhetorical question/statement, but I feel you. My immediate family is actually pretty good about it, but my friends (most of them anyway) are another breed altogether. :whistling:
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

I saw Gunda on RT (opening in cinemas) :party:
Some review excerpts are even mentioning animal exploitation (kinda sorta) even tho the movie is not really about that.

These movies need more checks
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/spec ... armoreska/

I was watching an interview with a vegan in Iran, and he said found out about veganism from The Dictator :ermm:
Last edited by Armoreska on April 15th, 2021, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
he or A. or Armo or any

the rest
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

A vegan junk food place in the city that we love advertised this last week:

We went out to try it a few nights ago. It's not bad, but the last third was a bit too sickly. My boyfriend liked it a bit more than I did. I thought they should've gone with cranberry sauce over the jam.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

OMFS I just noticed that Dominion is an official check now (glanced at that image again)
he or A. or Armo or any

the rest