Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Results), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Moya lyubov, May nominations (Apr 30th)

Technical Support

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Should I just enter that one in the script instead of that other url?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

There's also this:
https://mediaverse.plex.tv/
Never seen that page before, but that's exactly the website I want to scrape.
ICM-profile
tirefeet

Post by tirefeet »

vod.provider.plex.tv/library/sections/movies/all?unwatched=true&X-Plex-Container-Size=%7B2%7D&X-Plex-Container-Start=%7B1%7D&X-Plex-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Plex-Device-Screen-Resolution=1920x969%2C1920x1080&X-Plex-Device=Windows&X-Plex-Drm=widevine&X-Plex-Features=external-media%2Cindirect-media&X-Plex-Language=en-GB&X-Plex-Model=hosted&X-Plex-Platform-Version=78.0&X-Plex-Platform=Chrome&X-Plex-Product=Plex%20Web&X-Plex-Provider-Version=1.3&X-Plex-Sync-Version=2&X-Plex-Text-Format=plain&X-Plex-Token=%7B0%7D&X-Plex-Version=4.16.2

You can give it another try if you know all the current version for the bolded. But it is very long-winded and likely won't work as there are many other other parameters in that URL even if the api is the same.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I can only find Version 4.38.2 in my settings.
ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Changing that last number to 38 instead of 16 doesn't change anything to the error.
ICM-profile
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

So I stopped using WhatTheMovie a few years ago because it would no longer let me load the 'snapshots' tab and I thought I'd see if that was finally fixed and... it hasn't. Does this feature work for anyone else? Eg, https://whatthemovie.com/movie/tokyo_zonbi. This is a new computer, I've tried it on Chrome and Firefox on multiple computers and I've cleaned out my cookies and I figured it was the site not me but maybe it's not. Idk what else to try.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Harco
Donator

Post by Harco »

mightysparks wrote: August 17th, 2020, 6:43 am So I stopped using WhatTheMovie a few years ago because it would no longer let me load the 'snapshots' tab and I thought I'd see if that was finally fixed and... it hasn't. Does this feature work for anyone else? Eg, https://whatthemovie.com/movie/tokyo_zonbi. This is a new computer, I've tried it on Chrome and Firefox on multiple computers and I've cleaned out my cookies and I figured it was the site not me but maybe it's not. Idk what else to try.
Nope, redirects back to the "Movie" tab.
:ICM: | :letbxd:
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

I'm not entirely sure how to begin googling this...

It seems my soundbar will not play high-quality sound. It has no problem playing whatever normal sound out of the Roku or DVDs or most of what I watch on Plex, but it seems to error out on high-quality sound. Like I tried to watch Wall-e tonight on BluRay, and the sound would not come through on the film (though it did on the menu). I've seen similar things on HD mkvs with surround sound. No clue if this is a sound bar setting, a TV setting or what. Anyone have insights?
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

Could be it's too old for the newest sound format? Like dts-x and other dolby stuff. Sound on menues are usually stereo or plain old dolby digital. You could tell your blueray to downsample to dolby 5.1? Connection between them is just hdmi?
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

I was thinking it has to do with the format, but the sound bar is only a few years old and the BR is 12 years old. Yeah, HDMI to TV, Optical Out to Sound bar. No option to change audio on blueray either...
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

What exactly are the audio options on the blu-ray that fail? It's possible that it's the player that fails to process newer sound formats. It's unlikely to be the soundbar at fault, that's pretty much just a dumb speaker that'll play whatever it's fed.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

As a part of the debug process... See what format the blueray is supposed to be : could be written on the blueray screen when you select the audio stream

then, when the film is playing and you have no sound ... try to plug the BR hdmi directly into the soundbar.

Or it's optical only to the sound bar ?

Could be the tv that can't create the passthrought between the HDMI Sound flux incomming and the optical outcomming

Or maybe optical out from the BR directly to the sound bar ?
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

Tim2460 wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 4:34 pm Could be the tv that can't create the passthrought between the HDMI Sound flux incomming and the optical outcomming
It was this issue. Only one audio track on the BR player, and I'm pretty sure I've watched this BR on this player before (just with a different audio setup).

Once I changed the HDMI Audio input to PCM, sound worked. Thank goodness. :circle:
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Any recommendations for a good free screenrecorder? I have used screencast-o-matic in the past, but apparently computersounds are not included anymore in the free version.
ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Trying OBS Studio now.
ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Seems to be working fine.
ICM-profile
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster »

More virtual box problems for me.

I've found a windows 95 and 98 premade isos with all drivers, and thought that would run perfectly. I tried running a game called cyberswine, cause well, it looks amazing. During the installation is asks if I wanna install directx 5 on there, with some audio drivers. I have tried this on both windows, and with and without installing that direct x update.

It pretty much looks like this when I run it:

I assumed it was a refresh rate problem with the monitor since the readme said something about that making it look all garbled. Turns out that is not the issue. Could this be a display driver issue? Am I just gonna have to install random drivers until it works?
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Lmao it works fine on windows 10
Pretentious Hipster
Donator

mightysparks wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 4:49 pm Yeah I downloaded it from there but I can’t even run the installer so I’m not sure what I should be using to do so.
https://archive.org/details/vilebox
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

Pretentious Hipster wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 4:14 pm
mightysparks wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 4:49 pm Yeah I downloaded it from there but I can’t even run the installer so I’m not sure what I should be using to do so.
https://archive.org/details/vilebox
Oh wow yay I’ll check this out later :circle:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Could someone try this website?
https://www.pdftoexcel.com/
I get "ERROR: 6 Conversion problem" every time I try, with several pdf's. I need this specific site, because other sites I tried (about eight of them) had a formatting problem when I converted. This site gives me the output I need and it worked fine a few days ago.

Is it just me? Or is it just down at the moment?
ICM-profile
mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks »

I got the same error message.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Thanks. Good to know. Will try again tomorrow.
ICM-profile
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

joachimt wrote: October 10th, 2020, 7:30 am Could someone try this website?
https://www.pdftoexcel.com/
I get "ERROR: 6 Conversion problem" every time I try, with several pdf's. I need this specific site, because other sites I tried (about eight of them) had a formatting problem when I converted. This site gives me the output I need and it worked fine a few days ago.

Is it just me? Or is it just down at the moment?
Working now
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

uuuh I'm back. nearly a month ago, during all the crazy wildfires, (the 18th, day Mario came out, and also RBG died, can't have anything nice &c.) we had maybe the worst storm I've ever been in in my life. It came outta nowhere, middle of the night, dumping inches of rain, winds like the house was going to fall over, hundreds of lightning strikes. and it was over in 40 minutes.
and my computer died.
I've been pinching pennies trying to frankenstein something that works and finally got it running going tonight. Even with a few new parts, it's somehow even slower than my old one. and I get a weird 40-ish cpu% usage at all times. maybe an incompatibility issue? Or can a single core on a processor die? I dunno. weirdest part of it all, as I was ticking off parts that might be broken, replacing them (PSU then graphics then...) I came across, and I have a pretty decent memory and yet I cannot for the life of me remember where this came from, a motherboard in the back of my closet. boxed. brand new. just the shrink wrap off the outside. but also like 12 years old.

anyway. how's yous all doin'.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

What processes are using the CPU?
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

process explorer says hardware interrupts (!)
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

Hardware interrupts are part of how computers work.

Given the age of the motherboard, I'm guessing you may be dealing with some incompatibilities, either in hardware or software. What are OS are you running?
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
frbrown

Post by frbrown »

Can anybody point me to that recent discussion explaining how to make images on the forum visible?
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

frbrown wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:51 pm Can anybody point me to that recent discussion explaining how to make images on the forum visible?
It's on the first page of the 500<400 results.
ICM-profile
frbrown

Post by frbrown »

joachimt wrote: October 21st, 2020, 3:13 pm
frbrown wrote: October 21st, 2020, 1:51 pm Can anybody point me to that recent discussion explaining how to make images on the forum visible?
It's on the first page of the 500<400 results.
Thanks, that worked :thumbsup:
Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker »

I remember seeing this question elsewhere but I can't find it anymore... I'm trying to update a iCM list from an existing IMDb list, but when I export it the excel file is all jammed up and iCM doesn't recognize it ("One or more lines in the import file did not contain a valid IMDb movie URL."). Does anyone know how to fix this?
This is the voice of world control. 🤖 - iCM
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

Can you open the spreadsheet correctly? If so then open it, copy the entire imdb url column and update the list by imdb links pasting them all in there.
Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker »

PeacefulAnarchy wrote: November 16th, 2020, 2:33 am Can you open the spreadsheet correctly? If so then open it, copy the entire imdb url column and update the list by imdb links pasting them all in there.
Got it, thanks. :)
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I've got some apps on an old iPad2, which are not available anymore in the AppStore, but I'd like to have them on my iPhone8. Does anyone know of a way to copy them from one device to another? I found out about CopyTransShelbee, but I'm not going to pay 20 dollar unless I'm absolutely sure this is going to work and there's no other way.
ICM-profile
Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker »

Open question: What's the best way to convert .mp4 to .mkv?
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Hunziker wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:10 pm Open question: What's the best way to convert .mp4 to .mkv?
https://mkvtoolnix.download/
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

I just saw the forum downtime notice at the top, but it doesn't stand out very well. I know it's in bold, but maybe also change the colour or something else to make it more prominent?
PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy »

How's that?
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Yes, much better. Thanks :)